Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pho, Here I Come.

I need to head to the airport tomorrow at 4am, so I'll make this brief so I can get to sleep!

Vietnam tomorrow! Expect lots of pictures and stories when I get back next Wednesday. Here is our rough, rough itinerary.

Thursday: Fly into Hanoi, spend the day booking tours, strolling around the lake, and exploring Ho Chi Minh's tomb.

Friday: Head to Halong Bay. Explore the bay, relax, kayak, sleep on a junk.

Saturday: Second day in Halong Bay. More of the same and then back to Hanoi.

Sunday: Trip to the Perfume Pagoda. This requires a couple hours in a bus, a couple hours on a boat, and a couple hours of hiking. Apparently it's totally worth it. Back to Hanoi at night.

Monday: Here is where my roommates leave and I have two days to explore on my own. Maybe I'll stay in Hanoi if I'm really enamored with it. Otherwise, I'm hoping to go to a town (forget the name) where I can spend the night in a stilt house.

Tuesday: Who knows.

Wednesday: Return to Bangkok in the am! Get ready for work the next day.

3 comments:

  1. For your free day, you may want to take a train to the Von Mock tunnels a bit south of Hanoi.... I'm not sure if this would be feasible, but the tunnels are amazing insight into the plight of the north Vietnamese during the war. Even just reading about them is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vin Moc. Not Von mock. Damn you T-9.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the Pho as good as Seattle's? There is a Pho? place in Bellevue named What The.

    ReplyDelete