Saturday, November 20, 2010

Another Year Older!


Happy Birthday!, originally uploaded by AnnaRae.

I was spoiled rotten on my birthday this year! At work, my bosses took my coworkers and I out for an enormous lunch. My birthday actually fell on an inservice day so we had no students in the building. This meant I was able to have a really leisurely lunch and a pretty relaxing day in general. That afternoon as I was working the lights in the hallway went out. Unbeknownst to me, my roommates had managed to buy a cake and hide in in our fridge overnight. It's a small fridge. I'm surprised I didn't see it. After work, I got what is possibly the best pedicure of all time. It was an expensive one-- 500 baht (or around $15) but completely worth it. They spent over an hour massaging and working on my feet before they actually put on polish. It was incredibly relaxing. Naturally, I managed to smudge them later that night. After the pedicure, I went to a nearby Mexican restaurant for a birthday dinner. This restaurant has free margaritas for women on Thursday nights so it seemed like an ideal venue for a party. About twenty of my friends from work, frisbee, and assorted other things met me for dinner. It was so nice to have (nearly) all the people I have become friends with here in Bangkok with me to celebrate.

This past weekend we made a little trip to Ko Samet to get out of the city and onto the beach. Not really much exciting to report and I took no pictures. I've been there once, I just wanted to enjoy it this time! I was happy to meet up with my Danish travel buddy from my trip to Mai Chau in Vietnam!

I'd like to thank everyone back in the states for all of the birthday wishes. It really made my day to get so much love sent my way. It was especially lovely to have a little stack of birthday cards from family and friends to open up that morning.

2 comments:

  1. That is a LOVELY cake and whoever shot the photo did a great job of capturing your surprise and happiness. Put that pedicure place on the list of things you must do with me when I visit!

    ReplyDelete